This morning, I was thinking about the list concept and the Ian & the Blockheads song, “Reasons to be Cheerful, part 3” came to my mind. I loved Punk and New Wave in the late 70s, and so this song was frequently played in alternative clubs, as well as their other massive hit, “Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick.” Anyway, I digress.
Here is a Top Ten Reasons to Attend a 2021 Bending Genres Retreat:
- You have never been to the Southwest, or if you have, never been to the high desert.
- You’d like a break from emails, cell phones, business memos, ZOOM readings or conferences, monotony.
- It’s been tough to write lately. Nothing like actual 2020, but still.
- You miss your tribe. Or you want a new one. And gourmet food prepared by a highly skilled chef.
- The last trip you took, you had to bump elbows “hello.”
- You’ve never seen a roadrunner, or stayed in a room of same name.
- You like to bend genres, but you’re not quite sure how.
- The only retreat you ever took, there were a bunch of people in yoga pants who shouldn’t have been wearing them.
- You consider yourself the sort of person who is an outsider.
- You want exposure to writers you don’t even know exist.
If you have ticked off any of these boxes, then visit our website, and look over the information. We’re roughly 1/2 full at both locations. Don’t wait! Every day another person contacts us asking questions and considering the possibilities.