<![CDATA[Hi friends, What a year it has been. To say the least. In November, I stepped into the role of Editor-in-Chief at (b)OINK. Prior to that, for the entire year I was the Fiction Editor. Our magazine has had an outstanding year, including the new, December issue we published two days ago: http://boinkzine.com. Just a quick recap will help you to understand how busy our editorial staff has been:
- Published ten solid issues of fiction, poetry, CNF, art, and VOICES
- Our first Flash Fiction Contest with guest judge Kathy Fish; vetters Len Kuntz, Dianca Potts, and Nicholas Cook (winner was Quinn Madison)
- Held three other postcard contests, (winners were Kara Vernor, Meghan Phillips, and Becky Robison)
- Three readings at different venues in Milwaukee (with hosts Dora Diamond, Jonathan Cardew). Many of our magazine contributors read at these events.
- Opened our new offices in Walkers Point, added our exceptional intern, Corey Holzman. Thanks, Ricco!
- And to our amazing staff, some who remain, some who’ve moved on, I am eternally grateful: Meg Tuite, Chelsea Laine Wells, Jamal Parker, Caitlin Scarano, Samuel Fox, David O’Connor, Jessica Mehta, and Corey Holzman. Your hard work and editorial skills have made it the magazine for so many writers and diverse voices: over 30 different countries, a multitude of cultures represented, outstanding risk-taking writers.