2) Could not make my heart sing more, guys and gals, nope! Bring some Joani into your life with Final Notes:
3) Two Serious Ladies, a new site lauched by Lauren Spohrer:
4) A moving Sunday essay “Wrinkles and Time” by Julia Goldberg at The Rumpus:
5) Sometimes there’s a piece I read and wish I’d written it. Here’s one:
6) Brad Listi, grand poobah at The Nervous Breakdown, does Adam Wilson for his podcast show, “Other People”:
7) Also, while at TNB, check out this amazing piece by Siri Zernand Muller:
http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/szmuller/2012/02/tantra-of-everyday-mouths/ – comment-214613
8) Then, a bit of nostalgia, and some fun. My “Three Stooges” piece at Fictionaut:
9) Susan Tepper goes deep with Roberto Carlos Garcia in their Monday Chat:
http://www.fictionaut.com/blog/2012/02/20/monday-chat-with-roberto-carlos-garcia/comment-page-1/ – comment-10449
10) This is one of those sites you just have to wonder, hmm? So fascinating!
11) A bonus post, just added this morning, by Blake Butler at VICE:
The Top Ten Most Frequently Played Songs on Several Famous Authors’ iTunes | VICE
Well, that’s about all for this HUMP DAY Blog! See you around town and don’t forget to order your very own copy of Flash Fiction Friday here. Please? Pretty please?
2) Peruse the latest goods from Connotation Press; Ken does us all proud:
http://connotationpress.com/ – .TztxLCzsgw4.facebook
3) Dan Albergotti’s poem, “Apology in Advance” wins ‘Best of the Net’ by Sundress Publications and will be included with 17 other poems in their 2011 Best of the Net Anthology print and online It appeared first at Connotation- Press An Online-Artifact:
4) Also, Dorianne Laux has same great distinction with her poem, “Second Hand Coat,” appearing first at BLIP Magazine:
5) PANK and other great zines listed on the NYT magazine blog: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/pank/
6) Janey Smith makes me giddy with her review of Heavy Feather Review, up at HTMLGiant! See, Facebook does mean something to, um, someone!
7) Jennifer does Whitney proud at Huffington Post.
8) Fictionaut Front Page for February, thanks to Marcelle Heath:
http://blog.fictionaut.com/2012/02/04/front-page-february/comment-page-1/ – comment-10420
9) Lydia Millet is interviewed at The Lit Pub: http://thelitpub.com/an-interview-with-lydia-millet/
10) Roxane Gay gives us a dose of Valentine love like no other writer can at The Rumpus. What black eye?:
So, another Valentine’s Day comes and goes. If nothing else, it’s one more day to love you more.
Thanks for reading.]]>
2) I have every book this Sherl dude has published, and just about everything this (MLP) press has published, too:
3) Another dandy from BOMB magazine contributor, Jesse Ball:
4) Who doesn’t love a badass? Especially if she’s an icon.
5) Lisp Service, the blog of a favorite indie author, Evelyn Hampton:
6) Anybody remember doing it old school? Check it out!
Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force – Planet Rock – YouTube
7) Get some Tomaloff Squared into your life, all this talent in one lil’ family:
8) This is so damngood it makes me sick in a really great way:
9) Another one I wish I’d written up at Camroc Press Review!!!:
Camroc Press Review: Michael Seidel
10) Hey, who is that guy in Boswell Books? Somebody wake me up:
Thanks Stacie, Daniel and all of those Boswell folks.
And here’s to the other Milwaukee bookstore carrying FFF, so grateful:
Thanks Anne, Karl, Chuck and everyone at Woodland Patterns.
See you on the cyber highway!]]>
2) Can you believe the talent all in one place? Shut the front door! GET THIS NOW!!!
3) This song just gets me moving to the grooving. In fact, the entire album moves me!
4) Up for a stunning poem? “Denying the Bird Within” by Amy King at Housefire Publishing.
5) Who doesn’t want a little Sugar at The Rumpus: The Dudes In The Woods Debacle
6) A great resource for writers, editors and readers:
7) Roxane Gay (who just joined The Rumpus, hell yeah!!!) at HTMLGIANT…
8) A new chapbook from Meg Tuite…. Disparate Pathos from Monkey Puzzle Press!!! http://monkeypuzzlepress.com
9) Tara Laskowski, editor of Smokelong Q at FRiGG:
10) Christopher Allen blogs a transcendent review for Metazen about Susan Tepper’s From the Umberplatzen!!!
By all means, take a leap! But…
Try not to rely on all the King’s horses and all the King’s men today!!!
I have a little somethin’ somethin’ up at elimae‘s February issue! Thanks, Brandon and Cooper!
P.S. I had already blogged this morning before I’d gotten this news, for you dear Carol:
3 tribute poems by Robert Vaughan | Mad Hatters’ Review Blog
Also, my sweet boss, and friend, jen michalski at her blog! Thanks, Jen!!!]]>